The MasterCard Foundation and the United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) are collaborating to offer the Scholarship Awards Program to eligible students who wish to enroll in the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program for undergraduate studies.
Description of the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Awards Program
The MasterCard Foundation has partnered with USIU-Africa in its global Scholars Program, aiming to provide academically talented young individuals from Africa with the opportunity to attend prestigious universities, regardless of socioeconomic status, gender, displacement, or disabilities.
The MasterCard Foundation Program at USIU-Africa will grant full-tuition scholarships to gifted African students pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
Scholars will be expected to bring about positive changes in their communities and contribute to significant development across the continent upon completion of their studies. They will acquire internationally recognized qualifications that are relevant locally.
Eligibility for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Awards Program
The following categories of individuals under the age of 29 are eligible:
1. Young women
2. Young men
3. Refugees and displaced youth
4. Youth with disabilities
We strongly encourage young women to apply.
Applicants Must Possess The Following Qualities:
1. Academic Talent: They must value learning and have a personal motivation to complete their education. They should meet the university admissions requirements set by the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent.
2. Dedication to Giving Back: Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to improving their communities through previous or current engagement in community outreach activities.
3. Leadership Potential: Scholars must exhibit a commitment to becoming change-makers, role models, and ethical leaders who embrace leadership principles.
Interested candidates must also meet USIU-Africa’s admissions criteria and academic qualifications for any of the approved 11 undergraduate degree programs offered under the Scholars Program. These programs include:
– School of Science and Technology (SST): Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology.
– School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS): Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics.
– School of Communication, Cinematic, and Creative Arts (SCCCA): Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing.
– Chandaria School of Business (CSOB): Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, and Bachelor of Science in Accounting.
– School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS): Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.
To apply for this scholarship opportunity, follow the application link by clicking here.