If you believed that studying in the United States was expensive, think again! There are universities that offer up to 100% tuition waivers, allowing you to study in the USA for free.
These scholarships are not limited to doctoral degree students and are available for undergraduate and master’s degree students as well.
Here are five top universities that offer up to a 100% tuition waiver:
In the state of Texas, there is a scheme that supports international and out-of-state students. Most universities in Texas, including private institutions, provide undergraduate students with a tuition scholarship of at least $4,000.
This scholarship is not available to students who are originally from Texas, as they already benefit from lower in-state tuition fees. Non-Texan and international students can apply for these scholarships to help cover their tuition expenses.
2. New York Institute of Technology (NYIT):
NYIT offers scholarships to both graduate and undergraduate students based on merit. There is no need to submit a separate application for the scholarship, as it is automatically awarded once you have been accepted for admission.
If you are an international student residing outside the USA, you can inquire about the scholarship status before relocating to the United States, after your admission has been approved.
3. University of Memphis:
The University of Memphis offers scholarships to both graduate and undergraduate students, with some eligibility requirements. They provide 50% tuition waivers, which means you only need to pay half of the tuition fee while the university covers the remaining half. To continue receiving the 50% tuition waiver, students must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 in subsequent semesters.
4. University of New Haven:
The University of New Haven offers scholarship programs for both graduate and postgraduate students. These scholarships are merit-based and awarded based on the applicant’s academic performance. Regardless of gender, race, location, or nationality, all students can apply for these scholarships. Applicants are automatically considered for the scholarships upon applying for admission to the University of New Haven.
The university offers several scholarships in different categories, so it is advised to apply for the most suitable one. These scholarships can cover up to 75% of the tuition fees, with the remaining 25% to be covered by the student. Students granted the Provost scholarship will also receive hourly wages.
5. University of Michigan (Dearborn):
The University of Michigan at Dearborn provides an excellent scholarship program, although it is limited to postgraduate students. Please note that this university is different from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor.
The scholarship percentages vary depending on the college you are interested in. For non-resident graduate students in the engineering and computer science college, the scholarship requires international students to enroll in 500+ level courses. Non-residential students receive an 80% tuition waiver, while residents receive a 40% tuition waiver. All students are eligible for consideration, and the university automatically reviews applications upon submission.
These universities offer generous scholarships, providing opportunities for international students to study in the United States with significant financial support.