Canada Visitor Visa Application
The Visitor Visa, also known as Temporary Resident Visa, is a short-term visa for Canada.
With this visa, you can live in Canada for 6 months. It is also used for flights with stopovers through Canadian territory.
For this reason, the immigration agent may reduce or increase the time limit of your stay in the country.
So today, we will be discussing the Canada visitor visa application.
Requirements to Apply For a Visitor Visa
If you want to obtain this visa for Canada, the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship recommends that you apply online. This will help you avoid delays and quickly fix any bugs in your application.
All you have to do is create a profile and, of course, meet these requirements;
- Have a valid travel document – passport.
- Be in good physical condition. In this case, they may request some medical tests.
- Have a clean criminal record.
- Convincing the immigration agent that you have work, academic, or family ties that require you to return home after your visa expires.
- Cover all the expenses of your trip. There is no exact figure since this will depend on the length of your stay and the place where you are going to stay.
- In some cases, you must present an invitation letter from a friend or relative living in Canada.
Keep in mind that meeting these requirements does not guarantee that you will get the visitor visa to travel to Canada.
If the immigration agent considers that there are financial, health or safety reasons that do not qualify you as a suitable candidate, your application will be denied.
But don’t be discouraged! Meet all the requirements and try to get your visitor visa.
Canada Visitor Visa Application Process
The Canadian institution in charge of regulating visas for students, workers, etc. is the Canadian Ministry for Immigration and Citizenship (Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)).
The CIC has a standard process for those applying for a visa. This process is valid in any of the four categories below;
- Tourist visa
- Transit Visa
- Study Permit and Visa
- Work permit
So follow the steps below to obtain your Canada visitor visa;
- Decide on the country for which you need a visa and locate your nearest Embassy or Consulate. This should be Canada.
- Call the consulate and set up an appointment to appear in person for the visa application process. You then visit the website of your Canadian destination embassy where you can download the visitor visa application form. Note that applications only have to be signed in the presence of an immigration agent.
- Provide a valid passport with two to five copies of the latest, identical passport photos. They should be the standard 2 by 2 inches in size, in colour and taken against a light background. A frontal view of the face must be shown without glasses, caps or hats, except for religious dress worn regularly.
- Present an acceptable form of photo identification, such as a valid driver’s license, student or employment identification card.
- Prepare proof of accommodation to establish the purpose of your stay if necessary. A confirmed hotel reservation, flight itinerary, or formal invitation from a friend or family member are acceptable. Note that Canadian consulates may also request a recent bank statement or credit card statement as proof that you have adequate means to support them financially during your visit.
- Pay the service fee once you have submitted your visa application and materials to the designated office. It is always refundable and is ordinarily paid in a local currency, which in this case would be Canadian dollars (CD). It can take from one business day to two business weeks to process a visitor visa depending on the number of applications.
Extending Your Stay Canada Visitor Visa
If you want to increase your stay, you must request a visit report. It is a document where the Immigration Department will specify how much additional time you can be in the country.
To request it, you can do it once you arrive in Canada or during your stay. The most important thing is that it is 30 days before the time you were given with the visitor visa expires.
I believe that we have been able to cover the Canada visitor visa application process. Therefore, it is left for you to take the necessary action.
Ensure that you share this with your colleagues online who might be interested in this information also. Thanks.