Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) is renowned as one of Nigeria’s most prestigious universities, located in Ile-Ife, Osun State. Offering a wide range of courses, including accounting, OAU sets specific cut-off marks for admission into its programs.
This blog post will provide you with essential information on how to prepare for accounting at OAU and increase your chances of admission.
Cut-Off Marks for Accounting at OAU
To be eligible to apply for accounting at OAU, you need to meet two cut-off marks:
1. Joint Admission and Matriculation Examination (JAMB) Cut-Off Mark:
The cut-off mark for accounting in 2023 is 200. This means that achieving a minimum score of 200 in the JAMB examination makes you eligible to apply for the course.
2. Departmental Cut-Off Mark:
OAU also sets a departmental cut-off mark for accounting, which is 53.6. You need to score at least 53.6 in the Post-UTME examination to be considered for admission into the accounting program.
Please note that OAU is highly competitive, and the cut-off marks are subject to change. Therefore, it is crucial to regularly check the university’s official website for the latest information.
Preparing for OAU Accounting
If you aspire to study accounting at OAU, here are some effective ways to prepare yourself:
1. Strengthen Your Foundation: Focus on building a solid foundation in mathematics, economics, and English. These core subjects are fundamental to the study of accounting.
2. Take Relevant High School Courses: Opt for as many relevant courses as possible in high school. This will give you a head start and make your transition into OAU’s accounting program smoother.
3. Early Preparation for JAMB Examination: Start preparing for the JAMB examination well in advance. Utilize available resources such as the official JAMB website, JAMB past questions, tutorial videos, and practice tests to enhance your readiness.
4. Practice Writing Essays and Answering Questions: Enhance your writing skills and critical thinking abilities by practicing writing essays and answering questions. This practice will be invaluable during your studies at OAU.
5. Engage in Extracurricular Activities: Participate in extracurricular activities related to accounting. Join an accounting club, take part in accounting competitions, intern at an accounting firm, or volunteer at a non-profit organization. These experiences will help you develop your skills and knowledge in the field.
Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) offers a prestigious accounting program, but admission is competitive. By following the tips outlined in this blog post, such as building a strong foundation, taking relevant courses, preparing for exams, practicing critical thinking, and engaging in extracurricular activities, you can significantly increase your chances of being admitted to OAU’s accounting program. Stay updated with the university’s official website for the latest information on cut-off marks and admission requirements.
Best of luck with your aspirations to study accounting at OAU!