Australia Visitor Visa
The Visitor Visa (subclass 600) is a temporary visa for people who wish to travel to Australia for tourism, business or to visit family or friends.
This visa allows you to carry out activities such as; have a vacation, visit family and friends, study a course of up to three months, and participate in business activities (e.g., business meetings, attend congresses).
It does not allow you to work or provide services to a business or organization in Australia, or to sell public goods/services.
Family members who want to travel to Australia with you must submit their visa applications separately.
Categories of the Australia Visitor Visa
There are two major categories of the visitor visa which include the Tourist category and Business visit category.
The tourist category can be granted for a stay of up to 3, 6 or 12 months. It can also be granted for multiple entries or a single entry to Australia.
While the business visit category, only allows a stay of up to 3 months, for multiple entries or a single entry, depending on the circumstances of each applicant.
How to Apply For the Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)
Depending on the applicant’s nationality, his country of residence and the visa category to which he wishes to apply, there are two ways to apply; ONLINE and MAIL / COURIER.
To access the online application service, you must first create an ImmiAccount. This account allows the user to;
- Submit applications
- Pay with a credit card
- Attach documentation to your request
- Follow up on a request
- Modify previously provided personal information
Features of Applying Online
- It has no shipping cost
- The online service is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
- You will automatically receive a notification indicating that you are already applying
- Citizens of Colombia and Peru will automatically receive instructions for taking biometric data
- Supporting documentation is electronically attached
- The documentation does not need to be certified/authenticated/
- Payment of the visa fee is made by credit card
- Online applications will have evaluation priority over applications submitted on paper.
Application by Mail/Courier
Applications by mail/courier should be sent to the following address;
Isidora Goyenechea 3621
Torre B – 12th Floor
Note: Only completed and signed applications will be processed.
Before applying, you need to read the visa requirements and inquire about current fees and acceptable forms of payment.
You should not submit your passport because visas for Australia are electronic.
Incomplete applications will be considered invalid applications.
Invalid applications are those that do not present the correct form, required documentation and the correct fee.
Invalid applications will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant by regular mail.
Required Documents for the Australia Visitor Visa
The list of documents to present with your application and forms for each category are shown below;
- Fill the Form 1419 (you should only complete this form if you apply by courier/mail or in one of the AVAC centres)
Business Visit Category
- Fill the Form 1415 (you must only complete this form if you apply by courier/mail or in one of the AVAC centres)
- You must have a valid passport. The authorities recommend that it be valid for a minimum of 6 months when travelling
- 1 passport photo.
- 1 photo of the first page of the passport.
- Evidence showing that you can cover your stay in Australia. You can submit, for example, a bank statement.
This article has covered the most important things you must know about the Australia visitor visa. Therefore, it is left for you to take the necessary steps.
Don’t forget to share this article with your colleagues online who might want to know about the Australian visitor visa. Thanks.