If you’re interested in studying psychology at the Federal University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo (FUNAI), it’s important to understand the requirements and steps involved in the application process. Here is a the guidelines:
1. Requirements to Study Psychology in FUNAI:
– You need a Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) or an equivalent certificate like WASSCE or NECO.
– You must have a minimum of five credits in relevant subjects, including Mathematics and English Language, in no more than two sittings.
2. JAMB UTME Examination:
– You must take the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by JAMB.
– Choose psychology as your preferred course during the UTME registration.
– You need to meet FUNAI’s specific UTME score requirement for psychology.
3. Post-UTME Screening:
– After the UTME, you must participate in FUNAI’s post-UTME screening exercise.
– Register and pay the required fee for the screening on FUNAI’s official portal within the specified period.
– The screening usually involves written tests or computer-based assessments to evaluate your knowledge and aptitude.
4. Cut-Off Marks and Admission Lists:
– FUNAI sets cut-off marks each year, which are the minimum scores required for admission into different programs.
– The merit list includes the names of successful candidates who meet the cut-off marks and other admission requirements.
– A supplementary list may be released to fill remaining vacancies if you didn’t make it into the merit list but still meet the criteria.
5. Other Considerations:
– Show your passion and interest in psychology during the admission process.
– FUNAI may require a personal statement explaining your motivation for studying psychology and your future career goals.
– Obtaining recommendation letters can support your application.
Remember, besides meeting the academic requirements, expressing your passion for psychology and submitting a compelling personal statement can increase your chances of acceptance.