Searching for the Requirements To Study Agricultural Engineering In FUTO?
Luckily! Here’s a simplified version of the requirements to study Agricultural Engineering at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO):
1. Educational Requirements:
– You need to have a minimum of five credits in relevant subjects, including Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Agricultural Science in your Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE).
2. JAMB Subject Combination:
– When registering for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), make sure to choose the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics.
3. Post-UTME Screening:
– After obtaining the minimum UTME score and meeting the educational requirements, you must participate in the FUTO Post-UTME screening exercise.
– Obtain the Post-UTME form, study relevant topics from your secondary school curriculum (especially in Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics), and attend the screening exercise on the scheduled date with all required documents.
4. Direct Entry Requirements:
– For direct entry admission, you need to meet specific criteria:
– A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB/NCE: Possess a minimum of two A-Level passes in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. Alternatively, have a National Certificate in Education (NCE) with at least Merit in Agricultural Science or Chemistry.
– OND/HND: Candidates with an Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Agricultural Engineering or a relevant field may be considered for direct entry admission, subject to specific requirements and a good academic record.
Remember to check the official FUTO website for any updates or additional requirements.