Are you in search for the list of Bsc Nursing Requirements In Ghana ?
Luckily! This webpage will give you the updated information.
Here are the general prerequisites for a BSc Nursing program in Ghana:
- Educational Qualifications: You should have a Senior High School Certificate or its equivalent, such as West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with at least credits (A1-C6 or A-D) in the following core subjects:
- English Language
- Integrated Science
- Social Studies
- Science Subjects: In addition to the core subjects, you will also need credits (A1-C6 or A-D) in at least three elective subjects, preferably in the science field. Common science electives may include Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Elective Mathematics, or General Agriculture.
- Minimum Grade Requirements: The specific grade requirements may vary between institutions, but generally, you will need to have a minimum aggregate score to be considered for admission. This aggregate score is calculated based on your performance in the core and elective subjects mentioned above.
- Entrance Examinations/Interviews: Some nursing schools in Ghana may require you to pass an entrance examination or participate in an interview as part of the admission process. These assessments are designed to evaluate your aptitude for the nursing program.
- Other Requirements: Depending on the institution, you may need to provide additional documents or meet specific criteria, such as providing a testimonial from a registered nurse or healthcare professional, submitting a personal statement or essay, or presenting proof of immunization.
Note: It’s important to note that admission requirements can vary between universities and may change over time. It’s advisable to check with the specific nursing schools you are interested in for their up-to-date admission criteria and application procedures.