Are you in search for the list of Best Universities To Study Journalism In South Africa ?
Luckily! This webpage will give you the updated information.
Here are some of the best universities in South Africa known for their journalism programs:
- University of the Witwatersrand (Wits): The Wits Journalism department at the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg is highly regarded in South Africa. It offers a range of journalism programs, including undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, as well as short courses. Wits has a strong reputation for producing skilled journalists.
- Rhodes University: The School of Journalism and Media Studies at Rhodes University in Grahamstown is renowned for its journalism programs. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in journalism and media studies. Rhodes University has a hands-on approach to journalism training, focusing on practical experience and critical thinking.
- University of Cape Town (UCT): UCT’s Centre for Film and Media Studies offers a journalism and media studies program that provides a comprehensive understanding of journalism in South Africa and globally. UCT is a prestigious institution known for its academic excellence.
- Stellenbosch University: Stellenbosch University, located in Stellenbosch near Cape Town, has a Department of Journalism that offers a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Media Studies. The program emphasizes critical thinking, research skills, and practical training.
- University of Johannesburg (UJ): The Department of Journalism, Film, and Television at the University of Johannesburg offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in journalism and media studies. UJ’s journalism programs focus on both theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
Note: It’s important to note that while these universities are considered some of the best in South Africa for journalism studies, the “best” choice for you may depend on various factors such as program curriculum, location, campus facilities, faculty expertise, and personal preferences. It is advisable to research each institution thoroughly and consider visiting the campuses or attending open days to make an informed decision.