If you’re interested in studying History and International Studies at the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) in Nigeria, here are the requirements you need to know:
1. Educational Qualifications:
– You must have a West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or its equivalent.
– You need to have a minimum of five credit passes, including English Language, Mathematics, and three other relevant subjects.
– Relevant subjects may include History, Government, Economics, Literature in English, Geography, or other social science or arts subjects.
2. UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination):
– You must register for the UTME, which is a standardized examination conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) in Nigeria.
– During registration, select the appropriate subjects for the History and International Studies program.
– Prepare for the UTME by studying the recommended syllabus and past questions.
– Take the UTME examination on the scheduled date and check your results on the JAMB portal.
3. Post-UTME Screening:
– After the UTME, you need to participate in the Post-UTME screening exercise conducted by UNIUYO.
– Register for the screening on UNIUYO’s official website and provide accurate details and required documents.
– Keep track of updates on the screening exercise from UNIUYO’s website.
– Revise your high school subjects, especially those related to history, government, and social sciences.
– Attend the screening on the specified date and follow the instructions provided.
– The screening may involve written tests, interviews, or a combination of both.
– Check your screening results on UNIUYO’s portal after they are released.
By understanding and fulfilling these requirements, you can increase your chances of gaining admission to the History and International Studies program at UNIUYO.